VMware AirWatch automates your mobility management and keeps your company’s devices, applications and content secure.
Employee mobility is no longer a “nice-to-have.”
It’s now an essential part of doing business. In fact, 71 percent of enterprises have indicated mobility is a top priority and key to staying competitive. When you focus on mobility, you can improve your customer experience, boost productivity and even make employees happier.
However, it can be challenging to manage all of the mobile devices that employees bring into your company. By 2020, your employees will own an average of 6.58 connected devices. Now is the time to create policies around how your employees can use these devices for work. That way, you will reduce complexity and enhance security as your mobile environment expands.
The bring-your-own device and enterprise mobility market will reach $73.30 billion USD by 2021.
As employees bring devices into your company, you may try different tools to manage your mobility. The more tools you use, the more you increase your IT costs and complexity. For example, teams might purchase conflicting mobile device management and security applications.
Luckily, there’s a better option.
An enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution can help you manage and secure all of your company’s mobile devices – whether they are employee- or corporate-owned. In particular, VMware AirWatch is an all-in-one solution that protects your company’s mobile devices – along with the applications, content and data that lives on them. With AirWatch, you can:
· Protect your data. AirWatch allows you to create a container on each employee’s mobile device that keeps their business apps and data separate from their personal content. That way, if an employee leaves the company or misplaces their phone, you can simply wipe the container to revoke access to your corporate data.
· Ensure that employees use login best practices. AirWatch lets you lock devices if they are not in use for a specified amount of time. Once a device locks, the employee must enter their password to log back in.
· Reduce your management complexity. AirWatch makes it easy for you to provision new devices. For example, you can create configuration policies and apply them to all of your company’s devices. You can also automate the deployment of apps and view real-time data on your mobile device management.
· Minimize your data usage. With AirWatch, you can create a policy that automatically connects devices to a recognized Wi-Fi network so employees won’t waste valuable data. You can also blacklist sites that use a lot of data, such as social media and video streaming sites.
· Locate devices. Geo-location allows you to pinpoint devices and employees. For example, you can see if an employee is at a particular job site. You can also use geo-location to find lost devices. If the device’s battery is dead, the geo-location feature will tell you its last known location.
When you combine AirWatch with your wireless services, you only need one vendor to support your entire mobility strategy. Your partner will handle your EMM licensing, deployment, support and management. This allows you to focus on your business – not on managing your company’s mobile devices.
Are you currently using too many point tools to manage your company’s mobile devices? Will EMM help you fill any security gaps while you reduce your complexity?
About the AuthorMore Content by Rachel Foster