Here’s how to activate and deactivate the Call Forward - Busy feature.
Forward calls when line is busy
Activate Call Forward – Busy
- Pick up your phone and dial *90.
- Enter the 10-digit phone number you want your calls forwarded to. The call will ring through to the number you entered.
- Accept the call (if forwarding to a cell phone) or have a person pick up (if forwarding to a landline).
- Stay on the line for a minimum of five seconds or Call Forwarding won’t be activated. Calls will now be forwarded to another number when your phone line is busy.
If the number you want to forward to is busy or there is no answer/you can’t pick up:
- Pick up your phone and dial *90 again.
- Redial the phone number you want your calls forwarded to.
- Listen for 2 beeps, confirming that Call Forward is activated.
- Hang up your phone.
Note: If you forward calls to a telephone number outside your local calling area, the usual long distance charges will be billed to your account if the call is answered at that number. You will also need to dial/enter 1 before the number being forwarded to.
Deactivate Call Forward – Busy
- Pick up your phone and dial *91.
- Listen for the confirmation tone.
- Hang up your phone. Incoming calls will no longer be forwarded when your line is busy.
- If you subscribe to voicemail, these star codes will only enable/disable the ability to take a message when the line is busy. To use this feature to forward calls, you must unsubscribe from voicemail and subscribe to this feature or Home & AwayTM Online-Manager.
- Only one call can be forwarded at a time. While the line is being used to forward, any other caller will get a busy signal.
- Call Forwarding can only be used to forward calls to Canadian and US numbers.