Follow these steps to remove and replace the battery.
In some circumstances the backup battery needs to be reset by reseating (removing and replacing) it.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Gently pull back the battery cover latch, remove the battery cover and set it aside.
- Slide the battery out.
- All lights on the Home Phone Modem should be off, wait 30 seconds.
- Align the guides on the battery with the slots on the Home Phone Modem and slide the battery into the battery compartment.
- Replace the battery.
- Plug the AC power cord back in.