If you receive unwanted phone calls, such as repeated wrong numbers or telemarketing calls, Rogers Home Phone has a number of features and tips to help you:
- For repeated wrong numbers: Everyone receives wrong number calls occasionally. The best way to handle these occasional wrong number calls is to politely advise callers of the mistake and hang up. However, this can become a major annoyance if you continue to receive
repeated wrong number calls despite your efforts. In this situation, try the following:
- Use the Call Display feature to help you decide whether or not to answer calls from wrong numbers that you recognize.
- Subscribe to the Call Screen feature and block the wrong number from calling you.
- You may also want to consider changing your number and ensuring it is non-published.
- For unwanted telemarketing calls: You can choose to avoid telemarketing calls by:
- Using the Call Display feature to help you decide whether or not to answer calls from numbers that you suspect to be telemarketers.
- Subscribing to the Anonymous Caller Rejection service. (Any calls from Private Number/Private Name will be intercepted and the caller will be advised that your number will not accept these types of calls.)
- Subscribing to the Call Screen feature and blocking the specific telemarketer numbers from calling you.
- Or you can register your phone number at www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca