Here’s how and when to use the Call Trace feature:
- If you receive an undesirable call, hang up after receiving the call.
- Whenever possible, take note of the time and date you received it.
- Immediately pick up your phone and dial *57 to trace the call.
- Make note of the time and date you initiated the trace.
- You can only trace a call once.
- We store Call Trace information for 3 months.
- Wait for the recorded message indicating that the call has been traced and then hang up.
- Contact your local police department to report a complaint. Provide them with:
- The date and time the call was received (whenever possible).
- The time the call was traced.
Keep in mind:
- Call Trace information is only released to the authorities upon their request.
- There is a per use charge applied for this feature.