Having issues with your Voice Remote? Check out these troubleshooting tips.
Solution 1: Pair your Voice Remote
If your Voice Remote isn’t working with your Ignite SmartStream Box, your TV or any other devices, check out this article to learn how to properly pair them.
Solution 2: Check the battery level
If your remote blinks red five times upon pressing any buttons, this indicates low battery. If you see this red light, change the batteries immediately.
Otherwise, there are two ways to check your Voice Remote’s battery level:
Using a voice command
- Press and hold the Mic button on your Voice Remote.
- Say, “Remote settings” or “Battery.”
- Release the Mic button. The Remote Settings screen will display, revealing the battery level.
Without a voice command
- Press the Rogers button on your Voice Remote to open the SmartStream main menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote Settings to view the battery level.
To resolve the issue, simply replace the two AA batteries in the back of the Voice Remote.
Solution 3: Unpair and repair your Voice Remote
- Press and hold the A and D buttons on your Voice Remote at the same time until its light changes from red to blue.
- Enter 9-8-1. The light at the top of the remote will flash to indicate it’s been reset.
- Re-pair your remote to your Ignite SmartStream Box and TV by following these instructions.