The following steps are recommendations to help preserve battery life on Android devices.
Note: these are just tips and aren't mandatory to sustain battery life.
- Toggle down the brightness level of the backlight.
- This can be adjusted within the device settings.
- Use the built in Battery Usage screen to help monitor applications that are consuming the most battery.
- This tool can be found within the device settings.
- Disable Wi-Fi when it’s not in use.
- Disable Bluetooth when it’s not in use.
- Disable or decrease the time for the automatic sync options.
- This can be applied for all applicable apps and email accounts.
- This can be adjusted within the devices or app settings.
- Minimize the applications running in the background.
- This can be adjusted by using the Application manager tool found within the device settings.
- Disable GPS when it’s not in use.
- Avoid using animated wallpapers or screensavers.