- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on
- Connect both devices to power
- Make sure your new device has enough storage
- Update to latest Android version for Chrome bookmarks transfer
- Avoid multitasking on phones until transfer is complete
Transferring data from Android to iPhone
Before you begin:
- Turn on your new iPhone and look for the Apps & Data screen.
- Tap Move Data from Android on your iPhone. If you have already finished your setup on new iPhone, you will need to erase your iOS device and start over. If you don't want to erase, you can choose to transfer your content manually.
- On your Android device, open the “Move to iOS” app.
- Tap Continue.
- Read the terms and conditions that appear. To continue, tap Agree.
- Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
- On your iPhone, tap Continue on the Move from Android screen.
- Wait for your code. A ten-digit or six-digit code will appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak internet connection, you can ignore the alert.
- Enter the code on your Android device, then wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
- On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap Next. A loading bar will appear on your iOS device. Note: Transfer times can vary depending on how much content you're moving.
- Tap Done on your Android device.
- Tap Continue and follow the onscreen steps on iPhone to finish setup
NOTE: Music, Books and PDFs need to be moved manually. You may also need to visit the App Store on your iPhone to manually select and download your favourite apps for iOS.