- Turn on your new iPhone and place it near your current iPhone that's using iOS 11 or later.
- The Quick Start screen will appear on your current device and give you the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device.
- If your Apple ID is correct, select Continue. If you don't see Continue on your current device, you will need to make sure the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Wait for the animation to appear on your new iPhone.
- Hold your older iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the camera’s viewfinder. Wait for the Finish on New iPhone message to appear. If your camera is not working, select Authenticate Manually.
- Enter your older iPhone’s passcode on your new iPhone.
- Set up Face ID and Touch ID on your new iPhone.
Your new iPhone also offers the choice of restoring apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup, or updating your current device's backup and then restoring. After you choose a backup option, you can choose to transfer some location, privacy, Siri and Apple Pay settings.
Have an Apple Watch? You'll also be asked if you'd like to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings as well.