The following steps explain how to update Apple devices using the Apple iTunes software.
Note: Performing the update may delete all user data if a backup has not been done. Please backup the device prior to starting the update.
- Launch iTunes.
- If you don't have Apple iTunes installed, click here to download and install the software.
- Check if you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Press Alt on the keyboard.
- Click Help.
- Click Check for Updates.
- Click iTunes on the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Click Check for Updates
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Click on the device icon on the top left hand side of iTunes and then click Summary.
- Click Check for Update.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the update.