When you tune to an On Demand channel, you will notice that the promotions videos will keep looping, and even when you press A the channel won't load. This is because the Digital set-top box does not have two-way communications and is in broadcast mode. This prevents you from getting to Rogers On Demand. To remedy, follow these steps:
- You can reauthorize your Digital set-top box through the Quick Start Menu (QSM):
- Press GUIDE until the Quick Start Menu appears.
- Scroll to Self Service and press OK/SELECT. The Self Service screen appears.
- Scroll to Need Help? and press OK/SELECT. The Confirmation screen appears.
- Scroll to Confirm and press OK/SELECT.
- The clock display on your box will begin to flash and then go blank. Wait until the time on the clock display returns. (This may take 2-5 minutes, please be patient.) When the time reappears on the clock display, press the power button on your Digital set-top box. Ensure that your TV is turned on and tuned to channel 3.
- Log into MyRogersTM and in the cable television section select the option to Reset Digital Box. This will reauthorize all of your Digital set-top boxes that are authorized on your cable account. Please note you will also need to reset your Digital set-top box in order for this to take effect.
Please wait up to 30 minutes for the time to services to authorize. If the problem still exists, please contact us for assistance from a Technical Service Representative.
Note: In order to reauthorize your Digital set-top box online you must register your account at rogers.com.