We’re constantly maintaining our network to ensure we deliver exceptional service. So if you see our crew or teams working in your neighbourhood, read on to learn what to expect.
Why is this network maintenance happening?
As part of our commitment to deliver exceptional service, Rogers has identified an opportunity to improve our network’s quality in your neighbourhood. This could include:
- Checking power supplies
- Updating backup batteries
- Eliminating signal interruptions
- Other maintenance work
When we’ve completed the work in your area, you should notice improvements to the overall quality and performance of your Rogers service(s).
Will the maintenance activities impact my services?
- While our crew is working in your area, you may experience intermittent interruptions of your home and business services between 8am and 5pm.
- On average, these interruptions can last 5 to 10 minutes at a time, and your services should restore automatically.
- Our crew(s) will always work as quickly as possible to minimize any impacts to your day, but the work may take up to 5 days.
Will you need to access my property during these network maintenance activities?
In most cases, we won’t need access to your property. Most work is completed on municipal property with the city’s permission. Should we require access to private property like your yard, our technicians will ask for your consent before entering.
If I experience a Home Phone outage during this work, can I still make emergency calls?
No, if you experience an interruption of your Home Phone service, you will not be able to make any calls.
However, if you have a mobile phone, you can use it to place calls during that time. You can also dial 911 from a mobile phone even if it doesn’t have a SIM card.
Will my services reboot automatically?
In most cases, your services will restore automatically. However, if you’re still experiencing issues, try restarting your equipment. You can find restart instructions for our most popular equipment below:
If this still doesn’t work, contact our Technical Support team to get assistance.