Learn how to use your Touchpad codes to control your Smart Home Monitoring system, including arming or disarming it, cancelling an arming sequence, managing codes and using the panic button.
Arm the system
These steps explain how to arm and disarm the system using the Touchpad.
- Press the System Status header, which should read Disarmed.
- Choose an arming type (Arm Away, Arm Stay or Arm Night).
- Enter your Arming Code.
- Leave the premises during the countdown, if possible.
- Note: If you selected Arm Away, you have until the Exit Delay is over to exit the premises. Otherwise, the system is automatically armed in Arm Stay mode. There is still an exit delay period for the other arming modes as well, but they do not require that the door opens and closes during the period.
- The system is now armed.
Disarm the system
These steps explain how to disarm the system using the Touchpad.
- Press the System Status header, which should read Armed.
- Enter your Disarming Code.
- The system is now disarmed.
Cancel arming using the Touchpad
These steps explain how to cancel arming during the arming process using the Touchpad.
- Press the Security Status header while it is displaying the countdown.
- Enter your code.
- The current arming sequence is now cancelled.
Manage keypad codes using the Touchpad
These steps explain how to change or update your keypad codes used to control your Smart Home Monitoring system.
- On the Touchpad, press Settings.
- Enter your Master Code.
- Press Security.
- Press Manage Keypad Codes.
- Note: This allows you to set or change the Master Code or Duress Code, or to add new keypad codes to the system. You can also delete secondary codes here.
- Press Save.
Any modified or new codes will now be used to arm or disarm the system, and to manage system settings on the Touchpad.
What happens when I press the panic button on the touchpad?
If you have purchased the Central Monitoring feature, when you press the panic button you will be asked to choose whether your emergency is Police Panic, Fire Panic or Medical Panic. That signal will be sent to the Central Monitoring Station, where they will follow procedures to dispatch the appropriate emergency services.