The following steps explain how to pair the LG smart light bulb to the Touchpad.
Pair the LG Smart Light Bulb to the Touchpad
Preparing the Touchpad for Pairing
- On the Touchpad, tap Settings.
- Select Home Devices.
- Select Lighting.
- Select Add Lights.
- Tap Next on the Locating Lighting Devices screen.
- Leave the Touchpad on this screen. Touchpad is ready to pair with the Smart Bulb.
Preparing the Smart Bulb for Pairing
- Install the light bulb in the lamp or light fixture. Ensure that the lamp or light fixture is receiving power and the light bulb will automatically start the discovery process.
- Wait for the light bulb to be discovered by the touchscreen and it will appear as a Dimmable Light.
- Follow the instructions on the subsequent screens to name and configure the light bulb.
- If dimming is desired, edit the Dimmable option by choosing Yes in the drop-down menu.
Testing the Smart Bulb
- Return to the home screen of the Touchpad and tap the Lights icon. Test the operation of the newly configured light bulb.
- Tap the Bulb icon of the newly added light to turn it off or on.
- To dim or brighten (if configured as dimmable), tap the Settings icon and slide the vertical bar to dim or brighten.