The following steps are used when one or more motion sensors are experiencing issues with sensitivity.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to press the back cover tabs to release the back cover.
- Open the tamper switch to enable the walk test.
- Press the front cover release tab to remove the front cover to access the transmitter and PIR circuit boards.
- When remounted on the bracket, the walk test is enabled for 3-4 minutes.
- If more time is required, press and release the tamper switch to reset the walk test timer.
- The LED on the front cover goes ON when the walk test triggers an alarm (1 or 2 curtain areas depending on coverage pattern switch settings).
- Walk test the detection pattern and make any necessary adjustments and verify that it is communicating with the touchpad.
- The sensor's test is successful; the device is able to detect motion and is communicating with the touchpad.