The following steps explain how to set the siren repeater to be used as a range extender.
Method 1: Touchpad power down (Applies to the P5 and P6 Touchpads)
- Pair the range extender to the touchpad.
- Pair all required sensors to the touchpad.
- Power down the touchpad once all sensors are paired (remove AC power and battery).
- Trip the sensor that you are trying to route through the range extender once the touchpad is powered down.
- Power up the touchpad and trip the sensor again to confirm that the sensor is still communicating to the touchpad.
- Confirm that the sensor has good signal strength to the touchpad.
Method 2: Sensor tampers (only applies to the P6 Touchpad)
- For most sensors, press and release a sensor tamper switch 5 times (5 presses, 5 releases) with 1 to 1.5 seconds between each press to cause the sensor to rejoin on the next scheduled check-in.
- For smoke detectors, press and release the tamper switch 5 times with 4 to 6.25 seconds between each press (Roughly 25 seconds all together).
- For the GE CO detector, press and release the tamper switch 5 times with 5 to 6.25 seconds between each press (Roughly 25 seconds all together).