Audio Interference can be irritating and/or make it impossible to make a call. The five basic types of audio interference are:
- Digital: Consists of beeps and boops; like old modem or fax machine noise.
- Static: Consists of constant or intermittent snaps, crackles and pops.
- Humming or buzzing: produces constant or fluctuating mechanical buzz or hum noise on the line.
- Crosstalk: Happens when you can hear someone else’s call during your call.
- Radio: Happens when you can hear actual broadcasts on your phone set.
For help dealing with any of these issues, read on.