Ignite WiFi Pods extend the powerful WiFi of your Ignite WiFi Gateway even further. Here’s how to set up an Ignite WiFiTM Pod using the Ignite HomeConnectTM app.
Easy Setup Guide – Ignite WiFi Pod
Ignite WiFi Pod
Before you begin, make sure:
- Your Ignite Internet is set up and that you’ve downloaded the Ignite HomeConnect app to your smartphone.
- Your smartphone’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Your pods are all the same model, if you’re using multiple. Different pod models aren’t compatible with each other, so if you have older models in the home, be sure to unplug them and disconnect them from the Ignite HomeConnect app.
Connecting the Ignite WiFi Pod to your home network
- On a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, open the Ignite HomeConnect app and sign in using your MyRogers username and password.
- Select the Account icon at the top-left of the screen or the More icon at bottom-right.
- Under Devices select Activate Ignite WiFi Pods.
- Follow the app’s instructions for placing your pod in the best location. You can also consider these tips:
- Remember pods must be placed indoors.
- An ideal spot is one that’s halfway between your Ignite WiFi Gateway modem and a WiFi problem area.
- If placed directly in a WiFi problem area, the pod may not connect to your modem.
- Make sure the pod isn’t blocked by any furniture.
- Avoid placing your pod near other pods, metal objects, speakers, mirrored surfaces and appliances that can interfere with the WiFi signal.
- Avoid placing your pod near heat sources or in areas with moisture.
- Each pod should connect to the Gateway rather than another pod. If too many pods are close together, your device may have difficulty choosing which one is best, resulting in lag or slow internet.
- Once you’ve found the ideal spot, plug your pod directly into the nearest electrical outlet.
- Note: Don’t plug it into a power bar, extension cord or an electrical outlet controlled by a dimmer or wall switch, which can accidentally be turned off.
- When your pod is plugged in, tap Plugged in, Ready to go! on the app.
- Hold your smartphone within 6 inches of the pod to establish a Bluetooth connection. Your pod should be online in about 2 minutes. Don’t close the app during this time.
- Note: If the pod doesn’t come online after 2 minutes, try a different electrical outlet, keeping in mind the above placement tips.
- When prompted by the app, name your pod for easy identification.
- Once set up, your pod will get ready to improve your WiFi by automatically testing and adjusting WiFi settings to best support your home’s layout and internet usage.
- Note: It may take up to 72 hours for the initial optimization to take effect.
- Once optimization is completed, you can easily test your WiFi whenever you choose and view helpful tips using the Ignite HomeConnect App.