The following steps explain how to locate your IP address.
Find My IP Address
- To locate your local IP address click Start.
- In Windows 8 from the tiles screen click Desktop then press the Windows logo + R.
- Click Run.
- In the Open field type cmd then click OK.
- In the command prompt type ipconfig.
- Locate your IP Address in the IP Address field.
- To find your public facing IP, go to www.whatismyip.com.
- Click the Apple Icon.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Network.
- If you are using a wireless connection:
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Click Advanced.
- Click TCP/IP.
- Your IP address is located in the IPv4 Address field.
- If you are using a wired connection:
- Click Ethernet.
- Your IP address is located in the IP field.