If you have purchased a Rogers Cable-approved modem for use with the Hi-Speed service and the modem fails to perform as warranted by the applicable modem manufacturer during the two year period following the purchase of the modem, in addition to the modem manufacturer's stated warranty service, if any, Rogers Cable is pleased to repair or exchange the modem, at its option, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Replacement modems provided as part of the exchange will be new or reconditioned and equal in performance to the original modem. If such replacement modem fails to perform as warranted by the applicable modem manufacturer during the remaining initial one year period referred to above, Rogers Cable will further repair or exchange any such replacement modem. Any modem Rogers Cable exchanges for another becomes the property of Rogers Cable or its modem suppliers.
- This Service does not include repair or exchange to correct: any damage caused by improper installation or maintenance, misuse, external electrical fault, accident, disaster, neglect, abuse, alteration, acts of God, unauthorized repair or any other cause outside normal modem usage parameters; or any cosmetic problems or defects which result from normal wear and tear under ordinary use and do not affect the performance or use of the modem.
- The original modem must be purchased directly from Rogers Cable, Rogers Plus outlets or from a retailer authorized by Rogers Cable to sell Rogers Cable-approved modems.
- Proof of purchase will be required to validate eligibility for the Service.
- This Service is available only to the original Rogers Cable customer and is not transferable to any other user of the modem.
- EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY STATED ABOVE, ROGERS CABLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE MODEMS (INCLUDING REPLACEMENT MODEMS) OR ANY USE OF THE MODEMS (INCLUDING REPLACEMENT MODEMS).
- IN NO EVENT WILL ROGERS CABLE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MODEMS (INCLUDING REPLACEMENT MODEMS), EVEN IF ROGERS CABLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL ROGERS CABLE'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE MODEM.
- Rogers Cable may change any aspect of this Service, including discontinuing this Service, at any time without notice or your consent.
- For more information about this Service Contact Us. If you prefer to deal with the modem manufacturer directly or for information about your modem manufacturer's stated warranty, please refer to the materials provided with your modem at time of purchase for contact information and warranty details.