Voice Guidance is an accessibility feature to help visually impaired customers navigate the ins and outs of Ignite StreamingTM by reading the on-screen text out loud.
Turning Voice Guidance on or off on Ignite Streaming
Turn on Voice Guidance
Using Voice Command
- Press and hold the Mic button on your Ignite Voice Remote and say, “Voice Guidance.”
- Note: The Voice Guidance settings will appear on the screen and will start reading the text out loud.
- Press the right arrow button on your Ignite Voice Remote and select OK to activate. You’ll hear the confirmation message.
Using your Remote
Tap the B button on your Ignite Voice Remote to enable Voice Guidance. The B button is small, square-shaped and found in the upper-right section of the centre of your remote.
Turn off Voice Guidance
- Press and hold the Mic button on your Ignite Voice Remote and say, “Voice Guidance” or you can press the B button twice. The Voice Guidance screen will open and defaults to Turn Off Voice Guidance.
- Press OK. You’ll hear the confirmation message, “Voice Guidance off.”
Change the Speech Rate of Voice Guidance
You can also change how fast the Voice Guidance speaks by adjusting the speech rate in the Accessibility Settings.
- With Voice Guidance turned on, press the B button on your Ignite Voice Remote to open the Accessibility Settings.
- In Accessibility Settings, press the Down arrow button until you hear "Voice Guidance Options," then press OK.
- You'll hear "Voice Guidance Speech Rate" followed by the rate that's currently selected. Press OK again to open the Speech Rate
- Use the Up and Down arrow keys to choose from Regular, Fast or Fastest speech rate, then press OK.
- Press Exit to return to your program.