VoLTE (Voice over LTE) let’s you place calls over our 4G LTE network instead of the traditional 2G or 3G network.
What are the benefits of using VoLTE for calling?
VoLTE allows you to:
- Receive higher quality calls with clearer audio between compatible phones.
- Keep browsing, streaming and using apps at LTE speeds while on your call.
- Take advantage of better coverage and connectivity – faster call connections in more places as we enhance our LTE network.
- Enjoy seamless calling (no interruptions) when moving between our LTE network and Wi-Fi.
How do I get VoLTE?
Most of our newer phones are VoLTE capable and automatically use the feature. If your phone is not VoLTE enabled or you’re having trouble using the feature, check whether the following requirements have been met:
- Are you a Rogers post-paid customer on a Share Everything or Infinite plan? Then you are eligible.
- Check your phone’s specifications to confirm it supports VoLTE.
- If you have an older LTE phone you may need to update your device software.
- Confirm you have an LTE or 5G SIM card.
- If you brought your own device to Rogers, confirm it is compatible with the Rogers network and supports VoLTE. You can also call your device manufacturer to check if it is certified on our network.
- If you have a 3G or 2G phone you will need to upgrade to an LTE or 5G phone that supports VoLTE.
Where can I use VoLTE?
In Canada you can use VoLTE wherever you have an LTE connection on the Rogers network. VoLTE will not work in Extended Coverage (EXT) areas or Northwestern Ontario.
Outside of Canada, you can use VoLTE in select international destinations. Some account and device restrictions may apply.
Additional Information about VoLTE that I need to know
- On select Android devices, you can also use ViLTE (Video over LTE) to make video calls; these calls are billed the same as a traditional voice call and do not use data from your data bucket.
- Some manufacturers have common device names but different model numbers specific to a country, each with unique technical specifications or software. If you brought your own device to Rogers, please note that not all model numbers may be compatible with the Rogers network or with our VoLTE service.
- Some calling plans or services may not be compatible, for example if you have a voice only plan or a data block you may not be able to use VoLTE.