You can launch YouTube® on Ignite TVTM so you never miss your favourite videos. Below are some frequently asked questions about YouTube on Ignite TV.
Do I need a YouTube account to access YouTube content?
No. You can simply open the app to enjoy its content, but if you want to make your own playlists, set favourites and more, you’ll need to sign into your account.
Is YouTube’s content integrated in the all-in-one search like Netflix?
You can use the all-in-one search to look for YouTube videos as long as you state “YouTube” in your search.
For example, “Cat videos on YouTube,” or “Show me makeup reviews on YouTube.”
Can I use YouTube on the Ignite TV App?
At this time, YouTube is not available via the Ignite TV App.
How do I connect my YouTube account?
- Open the YouTube app on Ignite TV with a voice command or via the Apps menu.
- Select Sign In. You will be given an activation code.
- Visit youtube.com/activate on your computer or device and sign in using your regular credentials, then enter the code when prompted. Your YouTube account will be activated on Ignite TV.
How do I search for videos within the YouTube app?
Once the app is open, you can search for videos using voice commands or via the search bar and on-screen keyboard.
- Once signed in, open the main menu.
- Under Accounts, select the account of the signed-in user.
- Select Add Account.
- Sign into the other YouTube account using its regular credentials.
Note: After connecting multiple accounts to the YouTube app, you can switch between them under Accounts in the main menu.
- Open the main menu.
- Under Accounts, select the account you want to remove.
- Select the X icon.
- Select Remove to confirm.
How can I view YouTube content in 4K on Ignite TV?
Your 4K TV must have a resolution setting of 2160p30 or 2160p60.
To access 4K content on the YouTube app on Ignite TV, simply search “4K” within the app to find 4K content.
You can identify 4K content on YouTube by the following badge: