Troubleshoot Day/Night Camera issues
Below are some troubleshooting steps to help you if you’re having issues with a Home Monitoring Day/Night HD Camera.
Check internet connection
- Check that your home’s internet connection is working by accessing the internet with any internet-connected device (e.g., laptop, smartphone, computer, tablet). If your internet is down, contact your internet service provider. If your internet is provided by Rogers, you can visit Internet & WiFi Troubleshooting .
- Check that your installed camera and Smart Hub are online. Simply open the Smart Home app and tap the Notification Center icon (at the top-left corner of the Overview screen).
- If the hub is showing as offline in the Notification Center, tap the Hub Offline alert for guided steps on how to reconnect.
- If the camera is showing as offline, go to the next troubleshooting step.
Check that camera has power
Make sure the camera’s power cord is connected properly to the camera and at the power outlet. Both the power and network LED indicator lights should be on.
If the camera’s power and network LED lights aren't active, try connecting the camera’s power cord to a different power outlet. If there are still no lights on the camera, contact us for help.
If the camera has power, try rebooting it by unplugging it from the power for a few seconds and plugging it back. Wait 3 minutes, then check the Home Monitoring app to see if the camera is connected. If the camera is showing as offline, go to the next troubleshooting step.
Re-pair the camera
If the Smart Hub is showing as online in the Smart Home app and the camera has power, removing and adding the camera again in the app could help fix an issue.
To re-pair a camera in the Smart Home app:
- Tap More in the main bottom menu.
- Tap Manage Devices.
- Under Installed devices, tap on the camera you want to remove.
- At the bottom of the Edit Device screen, tap Remove Device.
- Tap Remove.
- To add the camera back, tap Add Devices > Cameras. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the camera has been connected to your system, a success message will be displayed. If the camera doesn't connect, tap Try Again in the error message that’s displayed.
- If still unable to connect, try factory-resetting the camera by pressing and holding the WPS button on the back of the camera for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds have passed, repeat step 6.
- If the camera is still unable to connect, or if it connects but is still not working properly, contact us for help.