When you’re on the line but are anticipating another call, Call Waiting will alert you to an incoming call with a brief tone. You can then choose to answer the call or ignore the alert.
When you hear a Call Waiting alert tone, your three options are as follows:
- End your current conversation and answer the Call Waiting:
- Quickly end the current conversation and hang up. Your phone will instantly ring, and you can answer the Call Waiting.
- Place the current conversation on hold to take the Call Waiting:
- Briefly press the hang-up (or LINK/FLASH) button to answer the Call Waiting when you hear the alert tone. Your original caller will be put on hold, and you'll be connected to the Call Waiting.
- To return to your first caller or to alternate between calls, briefly press the hang-up (or LINK/FLASH) button.
- If you end either of your conversations by hanging up, your phone will instantly ring, allowing you to resume the conversation on hold.
- Ignore the Call Waiting alert tone:
- Simply don't respond to the Call Waiting alert tone. If you subscribe to Voicemail, the Call Waiting caller will have an opportunity to leave a message.
- Call Waiting is temporarily suspended if you are using Three-Way Calling. Additional callers will receive a busy signal. If you subscribe
to Voicemail, your calls will be routed directly to your Voicemail.
- To resume the Call Waiting feature, end the three-way call.
Did You Know:
If you have call waiting and call display and have a phone that is compatible, you will automatically receive Visual Call Waiting.
To help you decide whether or not to answer your call waiting, the number of the incoming caller will be displayed on your phone.