Ignite Home Phone is a phone service that lets you stay connected using one convenient landline number for the whole family. It runs on our Ignite Internet™ service through the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem connection, over our dedicated cable network. To activate the service, you must add Ignite Home Phone to an Ignite TV + Internet bundle.
Good to know:
- You can keep your existing home phone number.
- You can self-install just by plugging a home phone or cordless phone base unit directly into the back of the Gateway modem. If you prefer to use the phone wall jacks in your home instead, simply contact us to book a professional installation to confirm your home wiring and complete the setup.
- Ignite Home Phone is compatible with TTY assistive devices for hearing or speech impairment or both, building intercoms, and fax machines.
- Rogers technicians can also connect Ignite Home Phone to many medical alert and home security systems but compatibility may vary depending on different models and manufacturers.
- While Ignite Home Phone does support access to 911 (and E-911 where supported), operator services and directory assistance, there is no battery back-up built-in. If battery back-up is needed Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) options are available for purchase from most electronics retailers.