Follow these steps to remove and replace the battery.
In some circumstances the backup battery needs to be reset by reseating (removing and replacing) it.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Carefully turn the Home Phone Modem over so the bottom is facing upward.
- Gently release the latch to open the battery cover and gain access to the battery compartment.
- Grasp the plastic strip on the front of the battery and gently slide the battery forward to remove it from the battery compartment.
- All lights on the Home Phone Modem should be off, wait 30 seconds.
- Reinsert the battery into the battery compartment.
- Close the battery compartment door. The battery lock will automatically engage.
- Plug the AC power cord back in.