Follow these steps to remove and replace the battery.
In some circumstances the backup battery needs to be reset by reseating (removing and replacing) it.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- On the bottom side of the Home Phone Modem, gently pull down on the two latches holding the battery cover and pull the cover toward you. Set the cover aside.
- Grasp the plastic strip on the battery and gently slide the battery forward to remove it from the battery compartment.
- All lights on the Home Phone Modem should be off, wait 30 seconds.
- Push the battery in until it latches into place. For models with two batter compartments and only one battery is being used it must be inserted in Bay 1.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Plug the AC power cord back in.