The following steps explain how to silence the audible alarm for up to 24 hours on the FlexPoint FPR1207-F Optical Network Unit (ONU) when you hear it beeping.
The ONU alarm is triggered by power issues with the device, these are the patterns and their related power issues:
- Loss of Input Power: Single, one second beep.
- Low Battery: Single 0.5 second beep every 15 seconds when the battery power depletes to approximately 25%.
- Replace Battery: Double beep every 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the ONU by pinching the clasp on the front, in the middle of the unit and pull the cover off.
- On the bottom right next to the coaxial cable press the button labeled Silence Alarm.