Follow the easy steps below to set up your internet and home WiFi.
Easy Installation Guide – Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem
Optional. Available from retail stores upon request.
How to Set Up Your Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem using the Ignite HomeConnect App
Note: Video only available in English at this time.
Choosing the best place for your modem
Here are some tips for finding the best place for your Gateway modem:
DO place your Gateway in the most central location in your home where you have a cable outlet.
DO make sure your Gateway is raised on a shelf or table.
DON’T place your Gateway on its side, stacked on top of other electronics or close to electrical panels/power bars – this can cause signal interference.
DON’T place your Gateway inside cabinets or behind furniture – this can cause overheating.
DON’T place your Gateway next to speakers or wireless electronics/appliances, or materials like metal, concrete, mirrored surfaces or glass – these can absorb or reflect the WiFi signal.
Learn more or watch a short video about where to put your modem.
Connecting your Gateway and home WiFi
- Make sure you’re registered for MyRogers. This is required in order to start your self-install.
- Haven’t registered yet? You can do so here.
- Registered but forgot your username or password? Reset your credentials here.
- Download the Ignite HomeConnectTM app from the Google Play or App Store and sign in using your MyRogers username and password.
- Follow the app’s instructions to install your Ignite WiFi Gateway modem and home WiFi network.
- If the Get Started screen does not appear right away, select the Account icon at the top left of the app screen, then under Devices select Activate Ignite WiFi Gateway.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the setup to finish. Within 5 minutes, the light on your Gateway should flash and turn orange, then green, then turn either solid or blinking white.
- If the light doesn’t turn white after 5 minutes, try another cable outlet in your home, keeping in mind the Gateway placement tips to maximize WiFi coverage.
- If the light flashes orange/green (alternating), a software update has been automatically initiated, which can take up to 20 minutes.
- To finish setting up, connect all your devices to your new network, then use the Ignite HomeConnect app to personalize your WiFi controls. Don’t forget to turn on Advanced Security for intelligent cyberthreat protection.
- To optimize your connection, consider using the provided terminating caps on all unused wall outlets in your home. This prevents signal degradation and interference.
Connecting devices via Ethernet
If preferred, you can connect devices like gaming consoles directly to your Gateway via the provided Ethernet cable.