- Make sure someone over the age of majority is home for your appointment.
- Please ensure someone at home knows the WiFi Network name and password as it may be required for troubleshooting.
- Find the coaxial and/or Ethernet outlets in your house and make them easy to access for your technician.
Preparing for your Service Technician appointment
Before your appointment
- Live in an apartment building or something similar? The technician may need to access the cable room, so let your property manager know that we are coming.
- Provide safe access around your property. The technician may need to complete testing and installations outside your home.
- Be aware that during the technician visit, disconnecting the internet may be necessary for troubleshooting.
- Secure and/or separate any pets from your technician and the workspace during the installation.
Reschedule or cancel your Rogers Ignite Service appointment
If you need to cancel or reschedule your Ignite service appointment, you can:
- Sign in to MyRogers
- Go to the “My upcoming appointments” section
Also, you can:
- select the link from your Rogers EnRoute text message
- follow the instructions on how to reschedule or cancel your Ignite service appointment
If you’ve cancelled your appointment, you won’t be able to reschedule it online. Please contact us through Live Chat to book a new appointment
Things to remember on your appointment day
- The technician can arrive at any time during your appointment window.
- Have your phone with you. The technician will call ahead to let you know they’re on their way. If they can’t reach you to confirm, they may have to cancel your appointment and move to their next appointment.
- They may need to go past the scheduled end time to complete the work.
- When you set up your appointment you can opt-in for Rogers EnRouteTM via SMS. to track your technician, so you know when they’re on their way.
- Rogers EnRoute is available in limited areas. Learn more about Rogers EnRoute.
If your appointment gets cancelled
Sometimes, there's an issue in your area, and we may need to cancel the appointment.
We’ll let you know that we’ve cancelled the appointment by: SMS text message, email, phone etc. (the communication method chosen when you booked your appointment).
If this happens, we’ll work to resolve the issue promptly and you’ll have to call in to re-book your appointment. You cannot re-book through self-serve in this case.
We may require permission from the homeowner to complete work (e.g., drilling, running new cables, placing temporary lines, etc.).
If you can’t be there to provide homeowner permission, you can provide written consent. You'll need to:
- Download the Letter of Permission (PDF)
- Have the homeowner sign the document
- Provide it to the technician
Health and Safety Protocols
If a technician needs to enter your home to fix an issue, it'll be at their discretion, with everyone’s safety as the main concern. If they’re not able to enter your home, they’ll discuss alternative solutions with you.
Addressing the following conditions before your service technician appointment will help prevent any delay or reschedule of your appointment:
- An abundance of belongings obstructing the path or work area
- Unsecured pets
- Unsanitary conditions
- Pest or rodent infestation
If you or someone in your home is experiencing symptoms of cold, influenza or COVID-19, please consider rescheduling your professional installation appointment.