Looking for help with your device? Browse our interactive Device guides.
Troubleshooting Ignite WiFi Pods
My pods appear online but I’m still having WiFi issues.
If you are a Rogers Together With Shaw customer, visit our website for support with our services.
Try troubleshooting the issue with these steps:
- Test your WiFi connections using the Ignite HomeConnectTM app.
- Only use pods indoors.
- The ideal spot for your pod is halfway between your gateway modem and the WiFi problem area.
- Avoid placing your pod in the WiFi problem area. Don’t place your pod near other pods, metal objects, speakers, mirrored surfaces and appliances that can interfere with the WiFi signal.
- Avoid areas with moisture such as directly next to a window or door, near a bathtub, sink or washing machine.
- Don’t place your pod inside or behind cabinets and furniture.
- If you have additional pods, try moving or removing them. Each pod should connect to the Gateway rather than another pod. If too many pods are close together, your device may have difficulty choosing which one is best, resulting in lag or slow internet.
- Avoid placing your pod close to heat sources such as a radiator, fireplace, heater or stove.
- Don’t plug a pod into a power bar, extension cord or an electrical outlet controlled by a dimmer or wall switch.
- Restart your gateway modem using the Ignite HomeConnect app. Once your gateway modem is back online, you can also try to unplug and replug your pod to refresh your connection.
- Restart your phone, laptop or other connected device and then reconnect it to your home WiFi.
Why is the light on my pod flashing?
Ignite WiFi Pods never stop learning and the light on your pod will flash when it is running an optimization sequence to check your current WiFi environment. It may also be downloading the latest software to deliver the best possible performance. Pods will also flash when the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem itself is restarting or updating. These updates should finish within a few minutes.
If your pod continues flashing after a few minutes, check the following:
- Is your Ignite WiFi Gateway modem securely connected to a power source and the coax cable or ethernet?
- Are all your pods securely plugged into electrical wall outlets?
- Pods are designed for indoor use only and should not be plugged into extension cords or wall outlets connected to a switch which can be accidentally turned off.
- Are your pods online?
How can I fix a pod that is offline?
Follow these steps.
- Sign in to the Ignite HomeConnect app.
- Select the Overview tab or the Connect tab to see your Network.
- Look for the green status that indicates if your Ignite WiFi Pods are online.
- If the pod is offline, select it and tap Help me Fix it.
- Follow the troubleshooting steps on-screen.
If you are still having issues, please contact Rogers Technical Support.