The following steps explain how to bypass the device pattern lock if the password is forgotten on Android smartphones.
- Tap Forgot pattern?
- This option will only show up when an incorrect pattern lock has been entered several times.
- Enter your Gmail username and password, tap Sign in.
- This unless method will only work if the Gmail account is associated to the smartphone.
- If you don’t remember the password, you can use the forgot password feature from the Gmail website to recover the password.
- If this step fails, proceed to the next step.
- A button hard reset can be performed on most Android devices.
- Performing a reset will delete all user content and settings.