Change a wireless number
If you’d like to change your Rogers wireless phone number to a brand new number, you can do that easily through your MyRogers profile. Learn how below.
First, keep in mind:
- Your account balance must be in good standing for you to change your wireless number.
- A $50 charge applies if you change your wireless number through a customer care representative. Changing your wireless number is free when you self-serve in MyRogers.
- You'll need to set up a new voicemail and greeting, and saved messages cannot be transferred to a new number.
- By changing your phone number during your billing cycle, your airtime minutes, add-ons and monthly plan charges will be distributed between your old number and new one.
- If you’re not sure whether your new number will incur long distance charges, visit Local Calling Areas, Long Distance & Call Forwarding.
To change a wireless number:
- Sign into MyRogers.
- Select the wireless number you’d like to change.
- Under Quick links, select Change my wireless number.
- Choose the province and city where you’ll be making most of your calls, then select Find available numbers.
- Choose a phone number from the options listed, then select Next. For more number options you can select View other numbers. However, keep in mind you won’t be able to go back to the current list of numbers displayed.
- Take a moment to review the details of your number change.
- To complete your number change, select Submit.
- Wireless number changes are effective immediately. You’ll receive an email and a text message once the change has been completed.
To start using your new wireless number, simply power your phone off, then power it back on.