The following steps describe how to restart a Samsung Android device that is frozen or stuck in an application or the screen is completely white or black.
- Turn off the device (remove the battery if necessary).
- Press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Release the power button when the device vibrates, but keep holding down volume and home button until the Android system recovery menu displays.
- Use the volume keys to scroll and highlight reboot system now.
- Press power to select, device will restart as normal.