Before you begin
- Charge both phones
- Make sure you can unlock and access your old phone
- Make sure you are connected to WiFi on your old phone
- Sign in with Google Account on your old phone. You can verify that you’re signed in by selecting Settings, then selecting Google.
- On your old phone, back up your data by selecting System > Back Up > Back Up Now > Continue. Note: Steps may vary by Android device.
- On your new phone, select Start.
- When prompted, choose to copy apps and data from your old phone.
- If you are connecting your devices by cable, follow the on-screen instructions. If you do not have a cable, select No Cable > Ok > A backup from an Android phone and follow the on-screen instructions.