Before you begin
- We recommend transferring your data through the wired method.
- You will need a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable.
- If transferring wirelessly, connect your phones to power and place them near each other.
- If transferring wirelessly, skip ahead to Step 4.
- Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to a power source through its Lightning port. Make sure to use a 12W or higher power adapter.
- Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to your current iPhone.
- Plug the Lightning to USB Cable into your new iPhone, then connect the other end to the adapter.
- Power on your new iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your current iPhone. It will give you the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
- If your Apple ID is correct, select Continue. If you don't see Continue on your current device, you will need to make sure the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Wait for the animation to appear on your new iPhone.
- Hold your older iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the camera’s viewfinder. Wait for the Finish on New iPhone message to appear. If your camera is not working, select Authenticate Manually.
- Enter your older iPhone’s passcode on your new iPhone.
- Set up Face ID and Touch ID on your new iPhone.
- Select Transfer from iPhone. If using the wired method, you’ll see a transfer icon on screen that lets you know that your devices are connected. You can also choose to transfer some settings, such as Apple Pay and Siri, from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone.
- After your transfer is complete, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.