With Ignite TVTM, you can see all of your Netflix content with all of your Ignite TV content, displayed together and fully integrated into the all-in-one voice search. But you can still open and use the Netflix App if you want to view only its offerings.
Access the Netflix app
The great thing about Ignite TV’s all-in-one search is that if you have a Netflix account, you can search for Netflix content without even entering the app. Simply use a voice command like “Netflix originals” or “Stranger Things,” and watch as results pulled from Netflix appear instantly.
But if you want to open the app itself, here’s how to do it:
With a voice command
- Press and hold the Mic button on your Ignite Voice Remote.
- Say, “Open Netflix,” or “Netflix.”
- The Netflix app should open instantly.
Here are some tips for using the basic functions of the Netflix app on Ignite TV.
- After opening the Netflix app on Ignite TV, sign in using your usual Netflix credentials.
- If you don’t have a Netflix account, visit the section below.
- Browse the available content by category, or search for a program by title, personality or keywords.
To learn more about Netflix, visit its website here.
Signing up for Netflix via Ignite TV
- On the Ignite EntertainmentTM box, select Apps.
- Select Netflix.
- Select Join Now.
- Follow the prompts to create a Netflix account, including reviewing the Terms and Conditions.
- Note, by signing up for Netflix directly via Ignite TV, you will now be billed for your Netflix subscription with the rest of your Rogers services. Learn more about Netflix Rogers Billing here.
Locate my Netflix email address or username
If you subscribe to Netflix and forgot the email address or username associated with your Netflix account, you can retrieve it by accessing the Netflix app on your Ignite SmartStream box. Once you are in the Netflix app, choose a profile and click Get Help. Highlight the Member section, the email address listed is your username. If the Netflix app has since been logged out of, contact Netflix Help for assistance.