A Transfer of Responsibility is the process used to change the ownership of one or more wireless numbers for an existing or new customer.
What is a Transfer of Responsibility
You must meet the following criteria before proceeding with a Transfer of Responsibility:
- The account must be in good standing with no past due balances.
- The account holder must authorize this request by contacting Customer Care. It's recommended to have the new customer (taking over the line) available.
- The new customer will be informed of the credit check requirement and the price plan tenure, terms and conditions will also be explained.
What will happen after I perform a Transfer of Responsibility?
- The new customer will assume full responsibility for the account. (Note: You are still responsible for all monthly charges and usage up until the day the transfer is completed.)
- The security deposit you paid for the wireless number, if applicable, will be refunded to your account once the transfer is completed.
- The Destination account (Customer taking over your line) will be invoiced for services effective the date of transfer.
- Prorated charges and minutes
- Voicemail will be reset
- Any current services on the line will be removed.
- If subscribing to MY5/MY10, the new owner must pick new numbers (the old numbers will be erased)
When a Transfer of Responsibility is not permitted?
- Within the first 60 days following activation
- Account must show one payment post activation.
- If a hardware upgrade has been completed in the last 60 days.
- If invoice containing equipment charge has not been paid in full.
Information for customer taking over the device:
- Credit Check will be required before taking responsibility for the device.
- Total responsibility for the Wireless Number will be transferred.
Transfer of responsibility authorization lasts for 30 days. (You have 30 days to call Rogers and complete the Transfer of Responsibility).