The handset displays: No Link to Base, No Power at Base, Connecting or Searching.
No Link to Base, No Power at Base
Unlike No Line or Check Telephone Cord messages, these types of messages (and similar) are symptoms of communication issues between the handset and the cordless phone main base.
While Rogers does not provide in depth troubleshooting of cordless phones these steps may help troubleshoot some cordless phone issues you may experience.
- Check if your power is on, and make sure that no fuses are off.
- If the power is out this is why your cordless phone is not working. Cordless phones require power to operate. It's a good idea to connect a corded phone to your line in case of power outages.
- Check that the power cord for the cordless phone main base is connected.
- If the power cord is unplugged, reconnect the power cord.
- Make sure that the power outlet is working by connecting something else to the same outlet.
- If the power outlet is faulty you must contact a 3rd party company (electrician) to repair the outlet.
- Power cycle the cordless phone main base.
- If the issue is still unresolved refer to the manufacturer of your cordless phone for further assistance.