For example, if you're in Cancun, Mexico, and you need to call the local number 998 555-1234, you would enter the following into your phone: +52 998 555-1234.
- To dial +, hold down 0 until the plus symbol (+) appears. You can also replace + with 011, and dial: 011 52 998 followed by the 7-digit phone number.
- To find out the country code for the country you're visiting, go to HowtoCallAbroad.com.
From the U.S.:
1 [area code] [phone number]
Dial 1, followed by the 3-digit area code and the 7-digit phone number.
For example, to call a Canadian number (e.g. 416 123-4567) from anywhere in the U.S., dial 1 416 123-4567.
[+] 1 [area code] [phone number]
To dial a Canadian number from overseas, hold down 0 until the plus symbol (+) appears, then enter 1. Complete the number by entering the 3-digit area code followed by the 7-digit phone number.
For example, to call 416 123-4567 from overseas, dial +1 416 123-4567.
To access your voicemail while roaming, hold down 1.
- You may be asked to enter your 10-digit wireless number before your voicemail PIN.
- You may not see the voicemail indicator light or notification in real time. Not to worry, you'll still receive all of your voicemails.
- You will be charged the Roam Like Home daily fee for checking your voicemail.
Making an emergency call
Each country has its own emergency number (typically 9-1-1 or 1-1-2). Before your trip, confirm the emergency number for the country you'll be visiting. In most cases, you won't need to dial a special area code before the emergency number.
You can reach us from your wireless device from any country for free by dialling +1 514 734-7699. To dial +, hold down 0 until the plus symbol (+) appears.