These charges are applicable to home monitoring customers who have activated new services or purchased equipment.
First Bill Charges
Why are there partial charges for two different date ranges?
Since we bill in advance, there may be partial charges on the first bill for the time period between the start date of services (activation date) and bill date. As a result, you’ll see charges for two different date ranges: one from the activation date to bill date, and another one for your next bill cycle.
If the bill period end date is Sep 30, the monthly charge ($39.99 for the Protect package) would include services for Oct 01 to Oct 31.
Because services were purchased prior (Sep 02) to the bill date (Sept 30), we charge an additional 29 days ($39.99 ÷ 30 x 29 days = $38.64).
These are known as partial charges. They can be found under About your first bill in the Smart Home Monitoring section.
Why do I see an installation fee?
On the first bill, you’ll see the SHM System Install fee to cover the costs for a Rogers technician to visit your home, install your services, ensure everything is working well, and identify any issues with your equipment.
If you have the Assure or Control package, you may see additional installation fees for setting up the hardware included in those packages (e.g., door lock and/or thermostat).
If your home monitoring package includes an installation discount, you’ll still see the SHM System Install fee, but don’t worry — we also apply a credit under Savings to cover the full installation fee.
How am I charged for home monitoring hardware?
All home monitoring plans (2-year term) include a $0 upfront cost for all included hardware. You’ll see costs for each individual hardware, but don’t worry — we also apply a credit under Savings to cover the full amount of these hardware charges.
If you added hardware that’s not included in your home monitoring package, you may see extra hardware charges.
Partial charges: If you rent a touchpad as part of your home monitoring plan, you may see partial charges for the touchpad rental.
How am I charged if I customize my hardware kit?
Home monitoring services comes in standard packages, each with a set of included hardware. We understand that these packages won’t work for everyone, so you can customize your hardware kit for your specific needs.
The charges for your customized hardware kit depend on what changes you make:
- If the total cost of hardware is equal or below the maximum hardware discount, you’ll receive a credit to cover the full cost of the hardware kit.
- If the total cost of hardware is above the maximum hardware discount, you’ll receive a credit for the maximum discount. There will be hardware charges for any amount above this maximum.
Want more details on the maximum hardware discount? Check out our Home Monitoring shop page. Click the Details dropdown under each package to see the maximum hardware discount.
Why are there three different account balances in my online bill?
If you subscribe to online billing, you may see 3 different account balances when viewing an online bill in MyRogers. Here’s a breakdown of the different balances:
- The amount at the top of your online bill under the heading Total Account Balance displays the balance without the installation fee.
- The balance in the MY FIRST BILL displays the balance with installation fee included. This is the balance that needs to be paid.
- The balance displayed beside the service (e.g., SMART HOME MONITORING) also does not include the installation fee.