How long will my Professional Installation take?
We understand how valuable your time is. That’s why we’ve created convenient, 2-hour windows during which your technician will arrive. These windows range from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week. Rogers EnRouteTM is one of the many tools we’ve developed to save you time.
On the day of your Professional Installation, Rogers EnRoute will let you know when your Rogers technician is on the way and provide real-time updates on their arrival time. Once the technician has arrived, your appointment will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
What will be completed during my Professional Installation?
Your Rogers technician will complete the following to help ensure you can enjoy dependable WiFi, TV and home phone service in your home:
- Verify that the cabling to your home is ready for speeds up to 1 Gigabit per second
- Once your WiFi network is set up, verify the WiFi performance for each location you select in your home, and install any equipment needed to help achieve wall-to-wall WiFi coverage
- Optimize your WiFi settings to help maximize signal strength
- Confirm that all your previously connected devices are successfully connected to your new WiFi network
- Help you download the Ignite WiFi Hub app to your mobile device(s) and highlight key features to help you personalize your WiFi experience, including Advanced Security, Parental Controls, Active Time Limits and easy self-serve tools.
- Ensure that your WiFi network is secured with advanced WiFi encryption for your devices using Ignite WiFi Hub.
- Verify that your TV is connected and working.
- Set up your TV remote.
- Activate phone wall jacks that were previously in use.
COVID-19 health and safety protocols
When a technician needs to enter the home for an installation, it will be at their discretion with everyone’s safety as the main concern. To help ensure this, before entering the technician will ask a series of COVID-19 related screening questions. Should they not be able to enter at this time, they’ll discuss alternative solutions with you.
While inside, the technician will be wearing a protective mask and face or eye protection. Our technicians are also equipped with safety kits that also include protective gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes as part of our enhanced sanitation measures.
During the appointment in your home, it’s suggested but not mandatory that our customers wear a face covering for their own safety and comfort. If you are going to be in the same room as the technician, please maintain a distance of at least 2 metres.
I have to work but my child will be home. Can they let the technician in?
Your child can let the technician in as long as they are over the age of majority. The technician will not be able to enter your home to complete any work if there are no adults present.
Once my installation is completed, where can I learn more about how to use my new service?
You can find helpful links to online support articles here or, if you have Ignite TV, just say “Help” into your Voice Remote to check out how-to videos.
What happens after the installation?
Our technicians will clean up any messes made during the installation and provide an overview of our apps and innovative features to help you get the most out of your new service. We’ll also send you a series of emails containing tips and tricks on using your new service, so keep an eye on your inbox.
How soon after the technician leaves can I use my new service(s)?
Right away! You’ll be fully connected before the technician even leaves your home.
What should I do if I have to reschedule or cancel my installation appointment?
Please contact us through Live Chat at least 48 hours prior to your originally scheduled installation appointment to reschedule or cancel.